diplomatic and official visas
Classified Visa And Passport Services
- Original, signed United States Diplomatic or Official passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity, after completion of stay in Russia, and contain at least one blank visa page
- Fully completed and signed Application form
- Passport-type photographs: 1
- APPLICANTS MAY NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH SPECIAL ISSUANCE AGENCY
- Passport must be signed
- Title and purpose required
- All dates are formatted Day/Mo/Yr
- For assignment travel – a copy of your travel orders must be submitted with the application
- Visas issued for dates requested and/or approved
- Use Diplomatic or functional titles when requested in place of work (in the U.S.) and home address
- Be sure to include phone numbers in each case
- All passports and passport copies must be signed
- Include passport copies with Diplomatic applications
- Passport must be valid six (6) months after date of departure from Russia
- Letter of invitation needed if not traveling to a U.S. Post
- Visa may not list all cities to be visited (even with invite)
- Submit the state memo request letter
Effective June 1, 2011 all visa applications have to be completed and submitted online.
Instructions on putting your application packet together (Please review the two sets of instructions to the left):
- Cut copy of passport info page to size. Place it on the left hand corner of your completed visa application.
- Photos should be cut to size according to the application and GLUED in spaces provided.
- All applicants must submit one original and two copies of everything in your packet.
- If assigned and do not have a diplomatic or consular title please state what office you will be working in.
- All delegations must submit a manifest with name and passport number of all travelers, along with Passport Services to ensure that the visa validity dates requested on their applications match the dates requested on the Passport Service’s cover letter.
- The Russian Embassy does not, repeat does not, routinely issue one-year multiple entry visas, even when requested.
Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be submitted. It is incumbent on the traveler to submit correctly and in a timely manner.
Minimum Processing Time – 15 Business Days TDY, 35 Days PCS