Things you will need:
- Form DS-5504 “U.S. Passport Re-Application Form” Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement Form. Use this form if your passport is less than one year from date of issue. If your passport is over one year from date of issue, please follow the Instruction Guide and fill out the required forms online at Click Here
- Your valid U.S. Passport.
- Certified or original of your document (marriage, divorce, court order, etc.) showing name change
- Two (2) passport quality photos. Color photos, 2 by 2 inches in size and with a white background. Photo requirements:
- Letter of Authorization with your original signature., applications will not be accepted without authorization letter
- Proof of travel such as Copy of your flight itinerary, airline tickets or cruise confirmation. Without proof of travel the State Department may not be able to guarantee you request by your travel date.
For more information on making changes and corrections please refer to the State department chart to determine how to correct, change or update information in your U.S. Passport.
Please be advised certain Passport fees may apply depending on your situation along with Classified VSP service fee. Link to chart
If you wish to mail in your application to Classified VPS please make sure you have included all required documents outlined in steps 1-4 along with your original passport.
Note: Classified VPS strongly suggests using a traceable delivery method such as FedEx
- In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8″ x 9 1/2″) envelope.
Please send overnight shipping to:
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20523
(202) 842-8617 / 8618