diplomatic and official visas
Classified Visa And Passport Services
9(E) Foreign Government Officials
Holders of diplomatic and official U.S. passports who will be traveling to the Philippines on official business for a stay not exceeding 30 days no longer need to apply for a diplomatic or official visa with the Philippine Embassy. However, U.S. government officials must possess passports that are valid for at least six months beyond the contemplated period of stay in the Philippines and a return ticket to the U.S. or to their next country of destination.
Philippine Embassy is experiencing extensive processing delays due to a new requirement that applicants receive approval from MFA Manila prior to issuance of visa.
- Original, signed United States Diplomatic or Official passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity, after completion of stay in Philippines, and contain at least one blank visa page
- Fully completed and signed Visa Application form-Must be notarized
- Passport-type photographs: 1 Glossy
- Title and purpose required
- Passport must be valid minimum of 6 months after date of departure
- Cable assignment – Authorization of Diplomatic title- that has the name of the person replacing at post.
- Specify visa type
- Diplomatic Title required
- Visa type & Diplomatic title should be included in the State letter
- Travel Itinerary needed
Minimum Processing Time – 3-4 weeks for Assignment (MFA approval required)