diplomatic and official visas
Classified Visa And Passport Services
(Brasilia, Con Recife, CG Rio de Janeiro, CG Sao Paulo)
Temporary Duty (TDY) and Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
First step – Email the below Information so we may provide you with the State Department letter that you need to upload when completing the visa application online.
Name (name as it appears on the passport):
Passport Issue Date:
Passport Expiration Date:
Date of Birth:
City/State or Country of Birth:
Traveling to which City/Country:
Purpose of Travel:
Dates of Travel (Entry and Exit date):
Date of Departure from U.S.:
Contact in Brazil or entity extending the invitation:
Locations in Brazil to be visited (cities)
Second step – we will send the State Department letter via email as soon as we receive it then you can start the visa application online
Before completing the Form, please read carefully the instructions below.
– Must upload a digital copy of your photo, signature and other documents to your application process.
– The completion of the Application Form is the first step of the application process.
– After you submit your application, a Receipt is generated. The Receipt must be printed and signed by the applicant, and the original documentation must be presented at the Brazilian Consulate where your visa application will be processed within 90 days.
– To start a new Visa Application, click on the button “Start New Application” on the bottom of this page.
– To continue an application previously saved or to retrieve and change an already completed application, click on the button “Continue Application”.
The Application Form must be completed exclusively online. https://scedv.serpro.gov.br/frscedv/index.jsp
– Please note that some of the fields of the Application Form are mandatory.
– Please note that the upload of your photo and State Department Letter is mandatory.
– After the completion of the Form, click on “Complete Application” to receive an application number.
– Print and sign the Receipt.
– Even if your photo has been uploaded to the Application Form, you must provide a printed copy of it. Glue your photo in the corresponding field of the printed Receipt. Follow the ICAO standards (see instructions below).
– Bring or submit the printed Receipt, along with the original documentation, to the travel office for submission to the Brazilian Consulate where your Visa Application will be processed.
Additional information required for Permanent Change of Station (PCS):
- Incumbent’s name
- Diplomatic title at post