Diplomatic and official visas
Classified Visa And Passport Services
(New Delhi, CG Kolkata, Mumbai, Con Chennai)
- Complete the online visa application, print and sign. (there are two boxes for signature (*front page below the picture box and second page bottom part) Printed copy will be submitted to the Embassy along with the following documents:– per traveler
- ONLINE Visa Application:https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Original, signed United States Diplomatic or Official passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity, after completion of stay in India, and contain at least two blank visa pages
- Passport-type photographs: 2 (must upload online MAKE SURE IS VERTICAL and attached hard copy)– per traveler
- Title and purpose required
- Visa valid 3 months M/E
- COMPLETED INDIA Supplemental form– per traveler
- COMPLETED Information required for Indian Visa Request
- invitation letter from the mission with detailed purpose of travel and places to be visited in India.
- Must include name of person replacing for assignment only
- For non-US citizen dependents, sponsor must obtain visa first; dependent(s) must apply on-line and through CKGS; fees apply. Foreign nationals with a green card can be processed quickly through Embassy contractor and will receive an entry visa. For those without green card, the Embassy must check with the Indian Embassy in the person’s country of citizenship before issuing.
Minimum Processing Time – 4 – 6 weeks TDY, 4 Weeks + PCS, if new position 4-5 months