For Passport renewal please follow the guidelines below:
- Must submit your current passport
- Passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your DS-82 application for passport renewal
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change DS-82 can be completed online, printed out and/or completed by hand.
Please follow steps to ensure you have all required information along with copies before submitting.
- Complete and/or print form DS-82
- Sign and date for DS-82 on page 1 of the applications
Please assure you have the following:
- Your most recent U.S. Passport
- Two passport photos. Color, 2×2 inches in size and with a white background
- Current State Department applicable passport fees. Plus Classified VPS service fee.
- A marriage certificate or court order (only if your current name is different from what was recorded in your most recent U.S. passport)
- If traveling soon, a copy of itinerary, airline tickets or cruise confirmation will be required. Without travel proof, State Department may not be able to issue a passport by your travel date.
- Classified VPS Order Form with original signature otherwise application will not be accepted for processing.
If you wish to mail in your application to Classified VPS please make sure you have included all required documents outlined in steps 1 and 2 along with your original passport.
- Note: Classified VPS strongly suggests using a traceable delivery method such as FedExIn order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8″ x 9 1/2″) envelope.
Please send overnight shipping to:
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20523
(202) 842-8617 / 8618